Alice Raftary Emerging Leader Award
This award was named in honor of Alice Raftary in recognition of her continuous mentoring and support of new professionals to the VRT profession, and her years of dedicated work both within the field and the organization. Alice was a true legend, a wonderful mentor and an inspiration to many professionals. Her story can be found in the APH Hall of Fame.
Purpose of the award:
The award shall be presented to an individual who has potential for exceptional leadership and is expected to provide a unique and lasting contribution to the field of Vision Rehabilitation Therapy.
Criteria for the award:
- A nominee shall be an ACVREP-Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist.
- A nominee should have no more than three years of VRT direct professional service.
- A nominee should demonstrate outstanding professionalism and service to the field.
- A nominee shall be a member of AVRT.
- All nominations should include biographical information, education and training, employment, leadership qualities, contributions and achievements.
- A supervisor or professional mentor should submit the nomination.
- If possible, a copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume should be included.
- The Awards Committee shall select the award recipient based on nominations provided.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Awards Committee Chair.
Nominations for the Alice Raftary award should be sent to Pamela Holloway CVRT by October 25th.
Past Award Winners
2015 – Odun Amao
2016 – no award given
2017 – Amanda Sterly
2018 – No Award Given
2019 – Cheryl Snow